SWABYCHIC


C O N T A C T
isis.swaby[at]gmail.com
www.isisswaby.com
instagram: isisswabyintl
tweet budds: @isisswaby

February 10, 2010

just because - FASHION KILLS.

Growing up as a kid in Harlem, NY, I use to collect Air Jordans, and stupidly expensive sneakers, and leather jackets, and flashy denim with a pricey poison tags-- I was greatly influence by my HARLEM peers and the diplomats. Yes, it's surprising to me also...

As I moved out of HARLEM in my second year in highschool.. I moved to a rural part of South New Jersey life that guided me into a much more simple, and pure life which I lacked in the mean streets of New York City. Well, in New York City what you wore and how you dressed defined you at a very young age--my first memories begun in 3rd grade:Conversation with a 3rd grade peer

"What shoes are you wearing?What are you going to wear for easter?"

"I don't know; CLOTHES!" I replied.

So New Jersey, formulated me into a fuck fashion frenzy but then I became deeply immersed into fashion in a new profound way. I became obsessed with the past, and turned off by the future. I mean I begun to get drenched in a vintage world-- I was totally hooked on collecting freaky cool jewelry, shoes, accessories, and vintage designers from Ebay. My obsession grew even more because I didn't have tons of friends to spend my time with so I lived with this deep love for vintage, and my artwork. O yes.. this was the time when I begun my paintings--I blew hours away on my bedroom floor in my just painting. I rarely went to any social outings with any other high schoolers. The prom was even a big deal to me at the time because I was so anti-people.

So, I took this great love of what begun through highschool.. and was in search for more so I applied for tons of internships coming out of highschool, and went on a few interviews with a stylist (GK Reid), fashion houses (Rachel Roy), PR firms (too many too name) and a few magazines (Marie Claire, Elle)..then I end up with a personal stylist for the ballers. So, I thought I got everything I wanted I was attending a fashion school, and interning in a division of fashion-- but no I was wrong. Four internships deep in 2 PR, and 1 with a designer, and 1 with personal stylist.. I realized I am not sure if this is for me anymore, or maybe its not for me working for rude,and sleep deprived people.. To be continued.

Time flies, so let's Create.

free counters We got the counter late -- maybe more.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED SWABYCHIC powered by SWABY PROJECTS © 2014