SWABYCHIC


C O N T A C T
isis.swaby[at]gmail.com
www.isisswaby.com
instagram: isisswabyintl
tweet budds: @isisswaby

February 19, 2010

The study of the Rasta: RASTAS truly have the best style

Rastafarian's style has greatly influenced pop culture, fashion, music, art, and society this is evident in fashion, when Gwen Stefani/Andrea Lieberman created her brand LAMB definitely kidnapped the signature red/gold/green from the Rastas, the Rasfarian culture. They created a movement that has influenced a mass amount of people. Its pretty cool..I live in New York, so I see Rastas sprinkled amongst the city but when I use to visited my father as a kid in Jamaica, I was immense in the culture, and lifestyle.

Their style is very humbling, but truly effortless. I have actually considered getting locks myself but then again I will stick to my famous bun on my head. I digress.So Rastafarian culture/style is very international as Angelina Jolie--check out Japan for explanation, there are tons of Japanese Rastas. Actually, my father and mother were Rastas in the 80's - 90's, so I have been exposed this goodness of style, and culture; so I feel a very close connection.



Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

LAMB Rasta Inspired Bag

Photobucket
Luicano, reggae musician

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
Japanese Rastafarian

Photobucket

Photobucket
Courtesy of Larina Vega Photography

Photobucket

Rasta Inspired PUMA Sneakers

Photobucket


Photobucket
my father, my brother Addis, and I

Photobucket



Sidenote: I loveee Luicano, Legendary Reggae musician!

Time flies, so let's Create.

free counters We got the counter late -- maybe more.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED SWABYCHIC powered by SWABY PROJECTS © 2014